Thursday, June 7, 2012

Through it all...

I can finally exhale. Over 180 days, no planning, no pull out, no push in, skeletal help...but I made it!! I started the school year with high hopes and ended it battered, bruised, exhausted and staggering across the finish line with a prayer and a plea. This admittedly has been one of my most difficult year of teaching. A year that made me genuinely glad I enjoy what I do, because of I didn't I probably would have made arrangements to ensure this was my last year teaching. Occasionally I think God puts us in situations to test our mettle. To allow us to see: how bad do you want this? How hard are you willing to work? And most of all: how much are you willing to trust? This year I found out pretty bad. My kids made progress, which made it all worth the stress, the aggravation, the late days, and all the work I took to my house on field trips. As I packed my students up to walk them all downstairs for dismissal one of my girls started crying, and not that little weeping stuff. Boo-hoo sobbing and wailing. In alarm, I ask, "what is wrong?" She replied that she didn't want to leave me for the summer. And with that I fell in love with teaching all over again.
In celebration of the end of the school year and my birthday (last month) I went to the performing arts center to see the Lion King. I saw it last time it came to South Florida but when has that ever stopped anyone from seeing something. Since this is a 'fashion blog' I couldn't make an entry without some fashion, silly ; )
On to the fashion:

3/4 Cardigan: Gap
Brown and cream skirt: Forever 21
Shoes: Oh deer!
Bag: Louis Vuitton
Brown shawl: Forever 21

No comments:

Post a Comment